This movie tutorial covers the camera settings I use for capturing shallow depth of field portraits using an 85mm prime lens or Pro Zoom.
The settings are suitable for both the A7RIII and A9 cameras and include the following settings:
- Recommended shooting Mode and Aperture
- File Format and File Type
- Drive Mode, Focus Mode and Focus Area
- Face Priority, Face Registration, Order Exchanging, Register Face Priority
- Exposure Settings including ISO, ISO AUTO Min SS
- Focus Assist Settings
- Assigning Custom Keys and Function menus
- Storing the settings in a memory and recalling them via the Shooting Mode dial
- Choosing a Face to precisely target the Eye-AF
Mark Galer is a Global Imaging Ambassador for Sony, an experienced educator and an Imaging Ambassador for Adobe. As well as public speaking he offers training in the form of creative workshops and one-on-one training.