Sony has released the first new A-Mount camera since the A77 Mark II. The A68 is positioned below the A77II and A99 DSLT cameras and will appeal to photography enthusiasts who have a limited budget.
The camera features a:
- 24-megapixel APS-C (cropped) sensor.
- Hybrid electronic OLED viewfinder with 100 percent coverage ( a feature that distinguishes this camera from Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras)
- A translucent mirror that allows 4D Focus
- 2.7-inch TFT LCD that tilts 135 degrees up and 55 degrees downwards
- 79-point phase-detection AF with continuous focus at up to 8fps
- Improved low-light AF performance
- Exmor CMOS sensor with an ISO range of 100-25600
- 1080p movie recording at 50 or 60 fps with 50Mbps XAVC S recording
- 10 customizable buttons
- In Body image stabilization (SteadyShot).
The new camera is expected to ship in March 2016