The A7SII specs are looking pretty good. Whereas the A7RII has to use pixel binning when shooting in full frame (rather than Super 35mm) the A7SII can record 4K internally with no pixel binning. The S-Log3 Picture Profile should make it easier for grading the movies in post. I will also welcome the ability to start movie recording by programming one of the custom buttons – rather than using the slightly awkward movie record buttons.
- 4K video with full pixel readout and no pixel binning in full-frame format
- Full HD 120fps recording and 4x/5x slow motion recording (100 fps for Australia)
- S-Log3 Gamma and Display Assist Function
- In-camera 5-axis optical image stabilisation
- Upgraded autofocus system with 169 AF Points
- Upgraded XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- Option for Uncompressed Raw files