It is important to keep you camera’s firmware up to date if you want to use the latest features and optimise the cameras functionality and imaging performance. This could include faster startup times, improved stability, support for new products and lenses, etc. The 1.10 update improves temperature control for shooting extended movie clips in 4K (it also helps just to pop out the LCD screen to help disperse the heat from the camera body).
Remember to set the camera’s USB connection to Mass Storage in Setup menu (looks like a tool case icon), remove the memory card, use the USB cable that shipped with your camera and do not disconnect the camera during the process of updating the firmware.
Download LINK > ILCE-A600 – Release Date 8/05/2016 – Version 1.10 – File Size 255.22 MB
This utility updates the ILCE-6300 camera firmware to version 1.10 and provides the following benefits:
- Improves overall stability and operability of the camera
- Improves stability in picture shooting mode by optimizing temperature control (effects vary according to temperature)
Failsafe Tips for Updating your camera’s Firmware
Some photographers are understandably nervous about updating their firmware. Here are some recommendations to achieve a successful upgrade:
- Temporarily disable the Sleep or Standby mode of your computer.
- Temporarily Disable any security software you may be running.
- Close all other applications that may be running on your computer.
- Use the USB cable that came with the camera or a compatible one (not all USB cables have the same necessary connections)
- Use the USB port of the computer and not a USB hub
- Remove the SD card from the camera before connecting the camera to the computer
- Switch the USB Connection on the camera to Mass Storage
- During the upgrade process go and grab a coffee or cup of tea – the process could take 15 minutes.